Sending One-line Information to a CAD System
EasyPower's SendCAD™ sends one-line information to CAD systems through the industry-standard DXF file format (based on AutoCAD® Release 12). Most CAD systems can read a file created using this standard.
- Click File > Export > Export Drawings.
- In the Export Drawing to AutoCAD Dxf dialog box, select the destination folder and the filename.
- Select the DXF Options.
- Select the drawings or the main one-line using the check boxes.
- Click OK. EasyPower creates a DXF file. The DXF file contains different layers which can be turned on or off using most CAD programs.
Note: The option to Export Entities Only is for older versions of AutoCAD and is not generally used. If selected, entities such as buses, cables, and text are exported, but other equipment items and protective devices are not included.
Exactly what gets sent to the DXF file depends on which EasyPower focus you are in at the time. For example, if you are looking at short circuit results on the one-line, those results are what appear in the DXF file.
Note: If you are using a customized symbol template, the export information is set in the template using the AcadBlockName tag. See Symbol Definition Tags for more information.
Export Schedules to a DXF File
- Click File > Export > Export Schedules.
- In the Export Schedules dialog box, select the destination folder and the filename.
- Select the check boxes for the schedules you want to export.
- You can export the schedules as a single file or as individual files.
- Click Save. EasyPower creates a DXF file in the location you specified.
|Using EasyPower with Other Programs|